Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I couldn't have designed a better weekend, not including the part where my 12 year-old son got hit in the face with a softball! His poor nose is still black and blue from that Saturday evening venture.

Some of the kids came over Sunday afternoon. It made my weekend sing! As we sat around the table visiting, laughing, teasing and catching up with one another ... I listened and enjoyed, breathing in every minute that they were here. Emily, my 8 year-old granddaughter, sat on a stool pulled up close to the table. She was enjoying the adult conversations and sat there, swinging her feet back and forth.

"Grammie, did you know that my very favorite place to be in the whole world, is right here?"

Highlight of a wonderful weekend. I am so blessed with this beautiful family!

1 comment:

Alyssa Post said...

Aww that sounds like a very wonderful weekend!(: