For me, using Spreadsheet is complicated right now. I do think, with a little practice, that it would be very advantageous to have it available to me as a teacher. It would appear very useful in many ways.
Using Spreadsheets as a teacher would allow me to see what is going on with the class where my students grades are concerned. The Spreadsheet allows analyzing data, mathematics comprehension, visualization, and simulation modeling tools. The main three functions of Spreadsheets are storing, calculating, and presenting information. I think the idea of storing data is phenomenal! One advantage to using Spreadsheet over a calculator is the storage it provides and automatic calculation it can perform. I am really lousy with Algebra and Math related subjects, so I need all the help I can get with them. The book states that it is probable that if users learn to develop spreadsheets to describe content domains, that they will be thinking more deeply. That is quite a plus! I can also see Spreadsheet used as a visual aide in the classroom.
Though far from excelling with Excel (no pun intended!), I am excited to be learning a new process, a new program that I have had in my computer for some time. I hope to execute it well in a short period of time, and utilize it as a teacher. I am especially excited about learning what it is capable of doing with statistics and Math!
Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology
(3rd ed., pp. 112-121). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
tagsJonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology
(3rd ed., pp. 112-121). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
1 comment:
I like how it would help you monitor students grades, I dodn't think about that yet. It's so amazing how eager you are to learn new things your not comfortable with usisng yet.
Post a Comment