The use of “Inspiration” as a learning tool is limited only to ones time, or their imagination. I relish the idea that my students could have obtain an actual visual on what I, as a teacher, am thinking and trying to convey. This program offers learning methodologies such as a diagram view, map view, and a presentation manager. My favorite tool I think would be the use of a presentation manager. The capabilities to use talking tools, speaker notes that can be automatically edited/refined, and incorporating auto-generated snapshots allows learning to become a visual experience. Visual and audio learning is more enjoyable and will actually become engrained in a student’s mind.
When writing the need to obtain important documentation is invaluable. Obtaining, sharing documents, creating comments, and publishing documents can be done through several different websites, one being writely.com. This also allows feedback. Presenting Power Point presentations by students affords the availability of presenting assignments to classmates and teacher. The first time I taught how to paint, it was frustrating that I could not have spent more time one on one, to help my students to understand exactly how they needed to hold their brush, how to apply the materials, how to move their hand, etc. Although I have painted most of my life, this experience taught me how to teach more effectively.
The technical tools that are now available to teachers provides the opportunity to teach effectively and efficiently, more than ever before. Had I had the availability of “Inspiration” when I taught painting, I could have shown step by step methods, including visuals of how each method/step was accomplished skillfully. My students would have been more successful, as a result. The idea of being “published” or presenting work to peers helps students become motivated and helps learning/writing become more pleasurable. Incorporating technology makes this possible. I hope to incorporate technology into my classroom. I can only hope that funds will be available to provide each of my student with access to technology. It is my concern that finances will interfere with my ability to teach, as far as using technology is concerned. I do earnestly believe that skillful use of technology should be a foremost subject offered in the classroom today.
Meaningful Learning With Technology. pp 74, 75. David Johnassen. Copyright 2008, 2003, 1999 by Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458. Pearson Prentice Hall.
1 comment:
I really love hearing your views in this class beacuse your also an English Major. I think that these types of programs are helpful in many way as well, but truthfull to me there is nothing quite like physically writing a paper, I guess I am just a little old fashioned. I wouldn't discourage any student from using a program like this, but personally I am a fan of pen on paper.
Post a Comment